Home Forum Ask A Member Johnson seahorse

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    lotec
    Participant

I had a feeling the model # on the block would be different, what is the serial # on the block? My guess is it will show up as a 1941 production #. The typical TD-15 would be the same as the later TD-20s with the recoil (as illustrated in the photos Gary posted) only the motors were entirely painted silver. Decal would be red with white letters.

Just curious, are you thinking of restoring the motor back to original for the TD-15 (and finding a recoil), or will you keep it with the creative paint and the TS rope plate and surround? BTW, that serial # on the rope plate is only a few thousand shy of the 1946 allocation. Since the war ended officially on 9/2/45 and consumer restrictions ended fairly quickly, that rope plate likely belonged to one of the first post-war motors sold. My guess is that was the attraction to whoever previously attempted to restored it.

clemg
      Participant

US Member

I will most likely restore it to original. I would like to find a ts-20 that needs a pull starter and restore it to original. I just restored a TN-27 that was my great grandparents. I’m getting pretty good at similar models.

sloppyjoe
        Participant

I have two TS-20 Johnsons. Serial # 486245 was purchased “Used” by my dad in 1945 when he was in high school. It’s all silver in color. Serial # 492447 I purchased on Craigslist in 2012 for $30. It also is all silver in color.

lloyd
          Participant

US Member

If you need the leather primer pump seals as you almost certainly will, just contact me for the seals and instructions. Lots more good info for that model at pochefamily.org/outboard.

Buccaneer
            Participant

US Member

I have a 1941-42 TD-15 Johnson that’s silver.

Prepare to be boarded!

clemg
              Participant

US Member

Thanks a bunch! I’ll keep you in mind!

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.