Home Forum Ask A Member KE7 Prop shaft Adapter spacer

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    squierka39
    Participant

US Member

Garry, I think your right in that nothing is available to streamline the KE lower unit. Your only mistake is that it’s not a thru hub exhaust. It’s an old green tank Merc.

garry-in-michigan
      Participant

Lifetime Member

I didn’t say it was. I have never owned a Mercury. My experience has only been with Evinrude & Elto. However we did extensive propeller testing with several lower unit styles. The "through the hub exhaust" was the most extreme example I could think of. On the other hand, one of our members was selling cow horn ends to epoxy on to the front of the gearcase for a more streamlined appearance . . . 😀

mikesea
        Participant

Correct

green-thumbs
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

9/16" Prop Shaft for KE4, Mark7 and KE7 is Part # 44-22399 smooth shaft
            KF7 and KG7 have a 5/8" Prop Shaft 44-24487 with splines for fiber/metal discs clutch
            KG4 has Prop Shaft Part # 44-24569 smooth shaft

It is possible to mix parts and create some interesting alternatives. I do not know that there
            would be any reason to do so ,but, it is possible to have a KE4 7 1/2 hp with a KF7, KG7 or
            KG4 prop shaft and case .or the other way around too ,for that matter.
            It can get real creative on the Dark Side.

mikesea
            Participant

Oh GT’s,
              I like the Dark Side LOL. I guess run what you have and if none of your props fit smooth shafts install a Splined one. Yes, I have a KE7 in the picture with a 5/8 smooth shaft, also my KG4 has a 5/8 smooth one. But that doesn’t mean they will stay that way in my hands. I would really like to find an affordable Quicky or Speed type lower unit Tall would be fine don’t need a short one.
              Thanks,
              Mike 😉

dave-bernard
              Participant

US Member

I have a Quickie tower and lower complete if you need .
                1 914 310 7086. Dave.

mikesea
                Participant

Hi Dave,
                  I will call you tomorrow after noon.
                  Mike

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.