Home Forum Ask A Member Larson watercraft?

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Randy in Tampa
    Participant

So it’s pre-1953 I sure would like to find out exactly what year it is,The title has it listed as a 1965 but I know that’s way off because the person I bought it from said his father bought it used in 1965 and I was already an older boat…… 😉

melugin
      Participant

US Member

Check your serial number. My ’55 14′ fishing boats are B12748 and B12750. These numbers may give you a clue as to the year. The second one we bought used in 1956. They are Larson Crestliners with metal gunnels and wooden thwarts. The wood has been replaced at least three times each.

Randy in Tampa
        Participant

I haven’t seen a serial number on the boat and it’s not on the. Title, I’ll have to look more but don’t think it has one 😕

opposedtwin
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

hey randy,
            here are a couple pics of my 1956 commander. it has metal gunnels. in 1955 and 1956 both, you could choose oak or aluminum for the splash rails and the gunnels. although the catalog says aluminum was standard and oak an option for ’56.

the serial number is visible on the starboard side where the back of the bow cover meets the side of the boat and down a couple of inches. mine is A7219

also here is a pic of my corner bracket. no mention of Larson.

hope this helps!
            scott

Randy in Tampa
            Participant
              Randy in Tampa
              Participant

And here is a picture of the corner bracket https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1I_8NC … cslist_api

mr-asa
                Participant

Not a bad lookin boat, Randy.

Randy in Tampa
                  Participant

I went on the retro Crestliner site and they narrowed the boat down to a 1954 or 1955 by the serial number I found on the starboard side of the boat,it is a commander speedster runabout 54-55 i’ve got it ready to hook up my truck right now and I’m going to go try it out….

weedlessdrive
                    Participant

I passed up looking at a 14 ft one a few years ago at $900 and have kicked myself every since.

Randy in Tampa
                      Participant

😀 Wow! Fun boat, was a little windy and choppy but what a zippy boat…yeehaw! 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 22 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.