Home Forum Ask A Member Larson watercraft?

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    jon-a
    Participant
      quote Randy in Tampa:

Opposedtwin, my Larson looks just like yours without the windshield, it measures 12 foot exactly and the corner brackets on the transom say Larson watercraft Little Falls Minn.can you post a picture of your corner brackets on your boat? Here’s a link with a picture of the same corner as on my boat http://retrocrestliner.com/nameplate2.JPG

larson got out of aluminum craft in 1954 if i have my history correct. so from then on the corner castings would have been signed crestliner. also around the same time wooden gunnels (pre-1954) disappeared in favor of aluminum gunnels. hope this helps. at one point when i acquired my commander (that is about a ’57 or ’58) I researched all of this and found that the craft were essentially the same in many cases going back to 1954 and before when they were only badged "Larson". hope this helps.

i think i got most of my information from retrocrestliner.com and maybe a bit from fiberglassics

Randy in Tampa
      Participant

Thank you Jon, I went on retro Crestliner after you showed me the side and pinned it down to 1954 or 55 and also registered it on the site, I found the serial number on the side of the boat…cheers

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.