Home Forum Ask A Member Looking for info on Power Products 1.5hp?

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Mumbles
    Participant

The motor is air cooled and runs a lot hotter than a water cooled outboard motor so a good two stroke oil designed for air cooled motors such as chainsaws or weed eaters will be fine.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      tacomancini
      Participant

So I think you all have convinced me I’m okay without the muffler and air filter. And 16:1 oil is the way to go, I’ll give up on the 24:1 ideas.

But I’m still a bit concerned as far as the orientation of the motor with the steering and throttle positioned away from the boat on the propeller side and the spark and exhaust on the passenger side. Should the whole thing be rotated 180 degrees? It kind of seems like the motor was setup for a bow mounting.

IMG_3377

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Mumbles.
        Mumbles
        Participant

Can you mount the powerhead 180° around? It would sure make life easier trying to operate it.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          tacomancini
          Participant

Can you mount the powerhead 180° around? It would sure make life easier trying to operate it.

Thats what I was thinking. There’s no way that this current orientation makes sense right? Unless I’m missing something.

Mumbles
            Participant

Or, you might be able to undo these screws and spin the gearcase 180°.

Gearcase

eltoquad
              Participant

US Member

Check rotation of prop. Maybe the motor runs in a direction with that prop to make it a puller instead of a pusher. That’d be cool!

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.