Home Forum Ask A Member Martin 100 ST Model mishap

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    RICHARD A. WHITE
    Participant

Lifetime Member

Ok, I can access the one in my shop, I have to get to the one out in the shed as it is probably the one that would work but it is 8 feet off the ground and behind a 4,000 popup camper…I will respond here if it is the right one… I just need one but not sure if I can add one one that does not match yours to my motor and make it work…

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
      classicomctools@gmail.com

oldemtr
      Participant

You got me worried, Birney – I just went and checked mine, and the bracket looks fine.
        It is just a thin wall casting, probably strong enough in use, but I could see that a hard shot to the tiller, or dropping the motor on that side, could get a crack started.
        Since Larson says breakage is common, I’m thinking of ways it could be reinforced, without changing the appearance of the motor ……

mercuryman
        Participant

Russ thinks users pushed down on handle to tilt motor. I think if you don’t abuse it , it should be ok.

squierka39
          Participant

US Member

Now I have to go inspect my 100’s and make sure they have no crackers starting.

mercuryman
            Participant

Got the motor running in a barrel. I got a handle bracket from Russ Larson.

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.