Home Forum Ask A Member Motor Hoist Suggestions

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    outbdnut2
    Participant

US Member
      quote bobw:

Dave,

Saw that hoist on Harbor Freight. Guess my doctor would still let me push a button!
      What is that hydraulic hoist you use? Brand? Where to buy? Cost?

thanks.

I bought my hydraulic hoist several years ago at Northern Tool to pull car engines (another hobby). Harbor freight also has them. Today they start at around $200. Mine is a notch up from the bottom $$ because the extended legs fold almost straight up for storage (then put the hoist beam down and it doesn’t take up much room), and there is another pair of casters so it can still be wheeled around when the legs are up. Both Northern Tool and Harbor Freight have retail stores within 40 miles of me, so I didn’t have to pay shipping. Note that Harbor Freight ads in many magazines always have a 25% off one item coupon good online or in a store. For online searches at these places, search for "engine hoist".
      Dave

bobw
      Participant

US Member

Dave,
        I’ve seen the ones on Harbor Freight but forgot there is a Northern Tool outlet not far from me. I’ll check their site. Also still looking at ebay and CL for a used hoist.

thanks.

Bob

1937 Champion D2C Deluxe Lite Twin
        1954 Johnson CD-11
        1957 Evinrude Fastwin 18
        1958 Johnson QD-19
        1958 Johnson FD-12
        1959 Johnson QD-20

“Every 20 minute job is only a broken bolt away from a 3-day project.”
        "Every time you remove a broken or seized bolt an angel gets his wings."

lauson73
        Participant

I have suspended a pipe from the rafters and them put the hook of a come along on the pipe other end on engine and slide along pipe depending on what way your rafters go. Just saying
          Doug
          Lauson73

bobw
          Participant

US Member

I had the same idea of hanging a section of pipe from the ceiling joists then just sliding or moving a block and tackle hook along the pipe. I do most of my work on motors in one area of the shop so just need a section to move from the workbench to the work area next to it. Might add a second ceiling hook near the garage door to load or unload motors from the truck.

Bob

1937 Champion D2C Deluxe Lite Twin
            1954 Johnson CD-11
            1957 Evinrude Fastwin 18
            1958 Johnson QD-19
            1958 Johnson FD-12
            1959 Johnson QD-20

“Every 20 minute job is only a broken bolt away from a 3-day project.”
            "Every time you remove a broken or seized bolt an angel gets his wings."

Steve A W
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I like the medical lift. I used to have a motor lift
              like Outboardnut2 and someone was always borrowing it.
              [to many motorhead nephews]
              At 450lbs it won’t lift a car engine so good. LOL

Steve A W

Member of the MOB chapter.
              I live in Northwest Indiana

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.