Home Forum Ask A Member New FD21

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    wiscoboater
    Participant

Hi guys, I just picked up a sweet FD21 with electric start and I’m looking for some part numbers. Carb kit part number, and is there a lower unit seal kit available? or do I have to buy all parts separately? I checked Marinengins.com but I’m only finding individual parts for both the carb and lower.

Thanks guys,
      Wannabe

Mumbles
      Participant

The OMC/BRP carb kit P/N is 439071 (Sierra 18-7043) while a Sierra seal kit is 18-2684. I’ve found good deals on Amazon for the seal kits.

retiredoz
        Participant

US Member

Sierra kit 18-2684 should do the lower carb kit 18-7043, which replaces 382047,382049, 383052, 383067 or 398532, available thru Napa, it says here.

phil-b
          Participant

Does one of the BRP kits include a new float?

Mumbles
            Participant
              quote Phil B:

Does one of the BRP kits include a new float?

Yup, the BRP kits are complete!

wiscoboater
              Participant

Thanks Guys!

wiscoboater
                Participant

Hey, Couple more questions. This is much newer then what I usually drag home and I have no manual for it. Does anyone have a link to a manual? And is this like my 50’s Johnsons where I have to pull the power head to drop the lower? Also, fuel mix?

chris-p
                  Participant

The official mix on that is 50:1, I still run them a bit richer.

You don’t have to pull the powerhead on any of the 18hps to drop the gearcase. Only the 5.5 and 7.5hp OMCS that have the shift connectors under the powerhead. All the others have the shift rod coupler in the leg behind the oval door.

chris-p
                    Participant

Marineengine.com has the parts manual.

wiscoboater
                      Participant

I’m looking for the service manual. Thanks Chris_P. You guys are the best info on the net. I’m looking for compression info, torque specs and the like. I really need to update my library of reference material to something after 1957. I’m dating myself here…but a 67 is an antique to me! My 57’s and back I call my ancient ones.. NO OFFENCE TO ANYONE!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.