Home Forum Ask A Member new to outboards

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    squierka39
    Participant

US Member

Nothing more needs to be said, so I’ll just add my approval, super looking Evinrude Lightwin. As far as being worth it, well the end result won’t be a huge monetary gain but the value lies in the ownership and pride of running it. Have fun and make space for the next one or twenty.

Geer Pyron
      Participant

Ha!
        Gotta say that you should hang on to it.
        But I also have to say that for some of us the pleasure of these things comes from the hours spent trying to get them to run. Shoot dang it, I wouldn’t have bought it knowing that it runs!
        Well, maybe I would have.
        There’s that one Sea Horse that had been “rebuilt” and “runs”.
        And the Buccaneer.
        And…
        If you do sell it, sell it to me!
        Ha!
        G

JMGP

lindy46
        Participant

US Member

That’s a great motor for a newby to work on. It’s fairly simple and you don’t need any special tools except maybe a flywheel puller. Those 3hp motors were made for many years without much change. It was such a good design there was no need to make significant changes. Pretty much bullet-proof. I have 2 of them now and have had maybe a dozen over the years. They were all good runners and I didn’t consider any of them “parts motors”. If you’re in the market for a great little trolling motor, you’ve found it!

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.