Home Forum Ask A Member New Toy CD-12 Tank Cleaning question

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    david-bartlett
    Participant

If the primer button will not pump fuel it could be a stuck check valve or a bad diaphragm.

bullie
      Participant

I have replaced all the gaskets and diaphragm. I guess I have messed something up or missed something. I don’t hear any air escaping at all when I depress the plunger.

I may not completely understand how the tank works. My assumption is that the pump pressurizes the tank which forces the gas into the fuel line to fill the carb and as the engine runs it sends pulses of air to maintain pressure in the tank.

If I am misunderstanding how it works things may be fine. LOL But, it definitely does not build up pressure when the plunger is depressed like on the other tank.

wedgie
        Participant

How about the gasket in the cap?

fisherman6
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

The primer button does not pressurize the tank. The button pumps fuel to the carburetor to prime it. That allows the engine to start and run long enough to pressurize the tank and start the flow of fuel. Crankcase pressure pulses pressurize the tank. The primer button’s job is only to get file to the carb so the running engine can pressurize the fuel tank.

If you hold the plunger open with ano awl or something andifferent pump the button while it is open, fuel shouldcome out of the fitting. If the button pumps fuel and none is getting to the carb, there is a blockage in the fitting or the line on the motor. Hang in there, we’Lloyd get this figured out. 😉
            -Ben

OldJohnnyRude on YouTube

bullie
            Participant
              quote Wedgie:

How about the gasket in the cap?

Wedgie, though the cap gasket was in the kit I did not change it out as the original was still in very good shape. I can change it out if necessary, no problem. I was amazed at the condition of the o rings in the fitting too. The were still quite soft but I replaced them anyway.

bullie
              Participant
                quote Fisherman6:

The primer button does not pressurize the tank. The button pumps fuel to the carburetor to prime it. That allows the engine to start and run long enough to pressurize the tank and start the flow of fuel. Crankcase pressure pulses pressurize the tank. The primer button’s job is only to get file to the carb so the running engine can pressurize the fuel tank.

If you hold the plunger open with ano awl or something andifferent pump the button while it is open, fuel shouldcome out of the fitting. If the button pumps fuel and none is getting to the carb, there is a blockage in the fitting or the line on the motor. Hang in there, we’Lloyd get this figured out. 😉
                -Ben

Ok. Lack of understanding on my part then. Its almost cooled down enough to get in the garage for a few minutes. 106 Heat index today. I will check it out and report back. It may be that I repaired it correctly but just don’t know what I am doing. 😆

fisherman6
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

If you tighten the cap down and leave the tank in the sun for 15 minutes or so then slowly open the cap you should be able the hear the hiss of the pressure escaping. That is one way to check if the cap is sealing OK.
                  -Ben

OldJohnnyRude on YouTube

david-bartlett
                  Participant

Bullie,

One mistake I recently made was to get my hose connections mixed up. I was trying to push fuel into the "Air" side of the system. At least I did it in the yard and not at the boat launch!

fisherman6
                    Participant

US Member - 2 Years
                      quote Bullie:

quote Fisherman6:

If you hold the plunger open with an awl or something and pump the button while it is open, fuel should come out of the fitting. If the button pumps fuel and none is getting to the carb, there is a blockage in the fitting or the line on the motor. Hang in there, we’ll get this figured out. 😉
                      -Ben

Ok. Lack of understanding on my part then. Its almost cooled down enough to get in the garage for a few minutes. 106 Heat index today. I will check it out and report back. It may be that I repaired it correctly but just don’t know what I am doing. 😆

No problem, my friend. We’re all here to help each other out. Whew! 😯 106 heat index, is a bit warm for my taste. Heat index here in the mitten today was about 92 or so. I can take that a little better. 😎
                      -Ben

OldJohnnyRude on YouTube

bullie
                      Participant

Ok. I checked it out and its definitely not pumping. I changed out the gasket on the cap. No change.

I guess I need to take it apart and check everything again. Might be a few days before I can find the energy though. School started yesterday but tomorrow is the first day kids will be back. After dealing with other people’s kids all day I may not be in the mood. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 58 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.