Home Forum Ask A Member Off topic

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jeff-register
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Tired of replacing my electrical fuel pump on my pick-up. It’s used very little & diaphram drys out & fails. Anyone of a “BETTER” brand that will not fail like this please???
      Jeff

larkbill
      Participant

What kind of truck? Is this an aftermarket pump replacing a mechanical pump? Trying to picture what would have a diaphram type electric pump.

larkbill
        Participant

Jeff I’m not putting you on ignore but I’m leaving early in the morning to fish for a week with virtually no internet.

billw
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Aftermarket stuff is found to be generally a joke compared to OEM, especially from places like Autozone and Advanced Auto, around here. NAPA stuff seems to be much better. Also, it is best to keep the tank more on the full side. The pump in the tank has its cooling enhanced by being totally submerged in fuel. If you’re running around on a low tank, the pump is out of the fuel and gets hotter when it runs. Out there in Arizona, I’m sure this would be extra important. Finally, Rube-Goldberging a fuel system should be totally off the table…..Don’t even think about it. I don’t want you to go boom.

Long live American manufacturing!

jeff-register
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

It is a 1962 Chevy PU. As far as drive train nothing is stock. 350 4 bolt block 202 heads & aftermarket intake & 4bbl, hi energy distributor, Tank above frame mount E pump. No room for mechanical pump, racing front narrow frame mount, Jeep body/engine poly donuts 700 R trans, 4:88 rear Chevy 3/4 ton flloating axles, Buick rear fuel tank. E pump required, one that can sit for months then function. Not a daily driver. Twice pipes, no mufflers to the back. Square D electrical service section flying bracket revised for tailshaft mount, (hi rise). 8 foot step side bed (rare)
              Speed shop? Help.

billw
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Sounds like you’re on your own, engineering that one!

Long live American manufacturing!

The Boat House
                Participant

jeff-register
                  Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Tubs,
                    The truck is noisy anyway! Sounds like the correct pump for me,
                    Thank you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.