Home Forum Ask A Member OMC propeller question?

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Steve D
    Participant

Dale, I’ve used both styles of that 9×8 prop on various 10 HP motors up to ’57 on my 14′ Smokercraft and my speed was about the same as yours, about 18-19 mph. What I noticed with the wider one is it seemed to push a slightly heavier load better, while the so called weedless one would reach max. rpms and plane the boat a little faster. But the difference in speed was barely noticeable between the two.
      As they say, your mileage may vary.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Steve D.
      labrador-guy
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks Steve, just what I wanted to know. 10hp propellers are getting harder to find unless you pay big money for one. I got this one at a reasonable price and I am gonna use it someplace.

dale

JOHN HOLBIK
        Participant

Back in the sixties when we were still running the old 10hps At our fishing resortthe replacement props we got were the wide blade .We were always were searching for the skinny props especialy for our favorite 10 the 54 QD 15 faster by far than any of the other 5 10hp we had.

labrador-guy
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

John, I have one of those OD 15 Johnsons. It does run good, I don’t know what propeller is on it but I am gonna find out! Thanks for your comment.

dale

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.