Home Forum Ask A Member Roller Bearings – brand preference ?

Viewing 2 posts - 11 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    johnny-infl
    Participant

Lots of good info. Especially about Timken being outsourced all over the world now. I had no idea.
      I guess it boils down to – – – like anything else – – – the environment of which they perform their task.
      I have two more boat trailers to change bearings on and will probably go with the Federal brand from e-bay.

Happy Holidays to one and all !!

jeff-register
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Louis,
        I agree, It is anyones guess how good they are anymore. The materials used to build them worries me. My 62 Chevy pick up is running on maybe my second set. They worked before but had scoring on the races. I take the time to clean them to dish soap & water to remove all old lube, let dry & pack by hand getting grease packed between each roller & coming out the other side. It’s a messy thankless job but I never worry about my stuff failing. Just common sense to do the best job I can for my own safety as it will run all day at 75mph with my V-8 & taller ring & pinion. Then a 700 R trans with overdrive. Much cheaper than a new truck to build one like Jeff wants it to be.

Viewing 2 posts - 11 through 12 (of 12 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.