Home Forum Ask A Member Running tandem outboards.

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Mumbles
    Participant

Upping the ante a bit but this guy must of had a handful or two running four Elgins at the same time. No tie bar visible either to help with the steering!

Elgin-Quads

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Mumbles.
      frankr
      Participant

US Member

I ran tried running triple 3hp Gale Buccaneers on my jon boat. They planed the boat somewhere near what i’d expect from a 10hp. But I didn’t run them long enough to get a GPS because the RPMs were screaming. Didn’t want to toss a rod or something. Locked two of them straight ahead and steered with the third one. Sorry, picture is on my busted computer.

outbdnut2
        Participant

US Member

Years ago I drove a neighbor’s twin setup. Once you get a good feel for the boat’s handling, you can do creative things on corners by giving more throttle to the motor on the side opposite to the direction you are turning. I hope to have a dual OMC controls on a boat sometime next year and try 10’s, 15’s and 35’s that I have.

Keep in mind you will have a lot of weight at the rear and, on an aluminum boat, that will also affect handling – but it’s just another thing to get used to.
          Dave

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.