Home Forum Ask A Member Scott Atwater 5hp 1952

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jamesdavisiii
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I got a basket case 5hp Scott Atwater got most back together but the hood brackets and fuel pump mount, anyone got a good picture I can go by? This is the gold and greenish model, came from one of the Atwaters so he said,  Nephew. nice condition but in boxes.

Buccaneer
      Participant

US Member

A model number might help someone find what you need.

Prepare to be boarded!

frankr
        Participant

US Member

Do you mean the 1953 model?

1953-Specifications

jamesdavisiii
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I’ll get the number off it, might be newer. Those look like a Firstone I have, I think the hood is different, could be wrong. haven’t got the far yet to know exactly what it looks like just the gold and green colors. Jim

jeff-register
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Many Scotts & Firestones shared hoods only the trim pieces were different. I still have a 1947 Firestone 10hp & my first motor was a 54 Firestone 7.5hp. Take your time & please ask for any advice here. One thing I learned from Frank is the idle jrt on the carb controls air flow not fuel. My 7.5 ran lean until advised.Those pics bring back good memries!!i

jamesdavisiii
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Took me a while to find it, this is in pieces. 37557463

jamesdavisiii
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Found the model number 37557463. I rebuilt the power head a couple years ago. all new seals rings. was set up from setting. so the parts got stored for a while. cancer problem, that’s over for now.  If I can get a picture of brackets that attached to power head make it easier, mags in nice shape, pumps don’t look bad but may switch impellers with Mercury ones.

nabmd
                  Participant

US Member

Model # 3755 is a 1955, 5 HP, Twin cylinder engine as per the Scott-Atwater info I have. he #3 indicates it is a Scott-Atwater, #7 indicates 5HP, #55 reversed, indicates year, which obviously makes no difference in this case. I have the 3735 model, 1953

Mumbles
                    Participant

Not sure what you mean by hood mount brackets but here’s a pic of the fuel pump on my ’56 gold top 7.5 horse motor. I’m not sure  if it’s the same as yours or not though.

Also, here’s an interesting read about the Scotts/Firestones over at Oddjobs:

https://www.oddjobmotors.net/scottatwater.htm

DSC01482
                      DSC01478
                      DSC01604

jeff-register
                      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Mice mtr Jim.My 53 Firestones had a flat fuel pump & no glass bowl to clean. Yours has that “reversed” gear set up too, one drive gear & two pinions, right?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.