Home Forum Ask A Member Some Pictures of my first old outboard

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    fleetwin
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Great job, it looks fine just the original way it is. You must have a great wife too, not only working on it indoors but on the kitchen table!

pappy
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Addicted yet?
        It’s always amazing to see an old neglected piece of history come back to life.
        Some of them run so good it is almost like they are appreciative of you giving them
        a second chance.
        Well done and good video. So….how fast did it push the river bank?

wyo307
        Participant

Fleetwin I do have a great wife but that was at a buddies house. I’m booted to the garage or man cave at my house.

Pappy it was the lake by my house that is 700 ft deep so I don’t think it was going to push the bank far. I am getting addicted though I just bought three more this weekend. Should be plenty to keep me busy through the winter.

jpatti75
          Participant

US Member

Really nice work…thanks for sharing the process with us. It is one heck of a feeling when you bring one of these motors back to life. With a couple small kids, I hardly get to run mine, but even firing them up in a bucket is a lot of fun!

JP

mr-asa
            Participant
              quote Wyo307:

Here is the video I promised a few weeks ago. It runs out of gas in the video but it’s enough to get a feel for how she is running.

😆
              I like your water bucket.

billy-t
              Participant

Nice outboard good work, big test tank

jeff-register
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I still have my first outboard & my storys are round the same, REALLY HAPPY ones too. I now own about the same brand motor over 10 times over again. Enjoy your time with her!!
                  Jeff

cajuncook1
                  Participant

Yes Sir, ain’t nothing like bringing one of these old souls back to running condition. If that little motor could tell some fishing stories…..wow. Now you have a chance to add some fishing stories your self. Great job and thanks for sharing!!

Cheers,

David T.

The Boat House
                    Participant

I wondered how come the sun has been going down earlier.
                      How about you turn that thing around.
                      😉

billy-j
                      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Nice little motor. Also an interesting way to test it ( Motor stand in the water ). It did not seem to be moving any water did you take off the propeller? Looked at your other pictures. I hope you did not eat that little perch. The other fish ( I think it’s a burbot ) Did you eat that one? Best Regards Bill,

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 22 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.