Home Forum Ask A Member Tearing apart my new QD-15

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    dan-in-tn
    Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Both the ’53 & ’54 have the Sea Horse cast into the exhaust housing. Are you sure you don’t have a ’53? I will look at my books tonight, but I think you may have a ’53 there. I won’t have as many parts for the ’53, but will help whereever I can.

Dan in TN

mr-asa
      Participant
        quote Steve D:

Don’t have time right now to scan and post those pages but will probably be able to get to it later on.

Appreciate it Steve!

quote t2stroke:

Both the ’53 & ’54 have the Sea Horse cast into the exhaust housing. Are you sure you don’t have a ’53? I will look at my books tonight, but I think you may have a ’53 there. I won’t have as many parts for the ’53, but will help whereever I can.

Dan in TN

What’s the difference between the two years?
        I’ll double-check as soon as I can, but I’m still shooting in the dark somewhat.

This is the dataplate
        http://i.imgur.com/EEyA4C8.jpg

chris-p
        Participant

PM me with your email address. Ill send you the manuals you need for that motor.

Bolts are not as hard as you think! I have about a dozen giant totes filled with OMC bolts!

Steve D
          Participant
            quote t2stroke:

Dan in TN

What’s the difference between the two years?
            I’ll double-check as soon as I can, but I’m still shooting in the dark somewhat.

This is the dataplate
            http://i.imgur.com/EEyA4C8.jpg%5B/size%5D%5B/quote%5D
            1953 QD-14 has a front shifter, totally different block, carb, and hood.
            I think most everything else between the two motors are the same including the recoil, lower unit, throttle handle, transom clamps, mid-section, embossed Sea-Horse logo.

screenshot

pic upload

mr-asa
            Participant

I definitely have a ’54 then. Traditional side shifter, and the simple removable carb

mr-asa
              Participant

Ok guys, now that I have a manual, it looks like I need a full lower unit seal kit as well as these individual parts:
                375-976
                303-136
                303-529
                303-537
                303-529
                303-138
                Five of 25-238
                Two of 7-116

And maybe these two
                303-618
                301-848

Anyone have anything in their stash they would be willing to part with? A couple of those are gaskets, and I’ll probably fabricate those. I sent in an email to the good Mr Gano, so hopefully he’ll be able to help me out.

dan-in-tn
                Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Mr Asa, Dan (t2stroke) here. Sorry, I have QD-16 parts book and QD-14 and back, but no QD-15 for some reason. My microfiche is down at the moment. I have the usual stuff that is common (impeller or water pump kit, coils, carb kit, tune up kit, all OEM stuff) If the base gasket is the same as the QD-16 then #303982 it converts to the baffle kit #377070 which list for $24! Ouch! I am pretty sure I have just the 2 gaskets. Hopefully you can re-use the baffle or there has been discussion on larger engines about leaving it out? Not sure about that on this model. Better ask around about that. I believe it is thought that the baffle helps prevent water from entering the powerhead thru the bottom crank area. You will want to check/change your lower seal while you are there. Anything I have you are welcome to at my cost and shipping.
                  Dan in TN

chris-p
                  Participant

The new part number for 7-116 is 306322 (screw)

The new part number for 25-238 is 306434 (screw)

I likely have everything. If no one in the US can help, email me at the email address I sent the manuals from and Ill see what I can do for ya.

mr-asa
                    Participant

I appreciate it guys. This group of people is awesome.

Mumbles
                      Participant

The full powerhead gasket set, minus the 301862 head gasket, is P/N 376451.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 23 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.