Home Forum Ask A Member TN-27 powerhead/crankcase equivalents

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    hag
    Participant

Found a free free TN-27 but after getting it home and taking a good look at it i’ve Got problems. 5 broken head bolts in the crankcase. Found eBay listing for power head from “TN-20”. Thinking instead of digging the broken bolts out get a replacement crankcase or entire power head but can’t find one as of yet. (On a different topic thread I saw on the board somebody mentioned Doug penn is away?). Is there equivalent from different models like this tn20 I saw on eBay?

hag
      Participant

On marineengine.com model number look up it does not look like they made a TN-20 as it is listed . Probably a TD-20. Which probably less likely to be compatible.

frankr
        Participant

US Member

Golly, Johnson must have made about three trainloads of TN motors. It shouldn’t be hard to find what you want. I’ll bet somebody here will be contacting you. You can also place a free want ad on the Webvertize classified ads pages.

First TN was a TN-25, 1950.

hag
          Participant

Well I hope so Frank. And ya I’ll put an ad up also. And I’ll keep looking around too. I was hoping Doug Penn would right back but apparently he is away. He was able to help me with previous motors. Hope all is well.

Mumbles
            Participant

Try tracking this guy down. I’m sure he has a donor in the mix.

Attachments:

hag
              Participant

Wow ! That’s why I can’t find a parts motor…he has them all!! 😆

chinewalker
                Participant

US Member

I’m in Northern NY, north of Watertown. I have several TN/TD parts motors. I can dig around and see if I have just a block…

hag
                  Participant

Thanks chinawalker I just pm you

jeff-register
                    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Had a TN-27 worn out, Cool to build one, Reminds me of Merc’s have to be dialed in correctly. I’ll look what I have & it’s yours, Ho Ho Ho, 😉
                      Jeff

hag
                      Participant

Thanks Jeff pm you too

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.