upper crankshaft seal source,66 3hp Evinrude

Home Forum Ask A Member upper crankshaft seal source,66 3hp Evinrude

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• solofly

Replies: 2
    Topics: 1

Looking  for a replacement source for an upper crankshaft seal for 1966 Evinrude 3 hp folding motor. Thanks.

outboardnut

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 864
    Topics: 377

solofly

Thanks….is the crankshaft seal in the parts list labeled differently? Nothing called a seal is listed. Did I miss something?

labrador-guy

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 688
    Topics: 50

Solo there is no seal on the top only a slinger.   The slinger diverts any gas oil mix that gets by the bearing to a duct that is connected to the carb side of the reed valve.  That duct must be open so the intake vacuum can draw the excess gas to be re burned.   This is OMC’s oil pumping system, to get extra lube to the main bearings.

dale

solofly

Thanks, That’s correct. I found a photo showing slinger with an O-ring on top. Is the O-ring generic…have to pull & try to match or is it common to other engines?

labrador-guy

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 688
    Topics: 50

Solo I should say that most of the old motors that I have had apart had a bushings on the crankshaft.  If there is an O ring it is usually between a roller bearing and the engine case.  An O ring will not last long against the spinning crankshaft.  1966 is to new for me!

dale

get’em wet!….don’t let’em set!

seakaye12

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 820
    Topics: 101
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.