Home Forum Ask A Member v bottom boat

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Tinman
    Participant

US Member

That would probably be a nice one. If I wasn’t so far away I’d be interested. Thanks.

Alan
      Participant

Hi Tinman;
        I suggest a Delta / Gregor welded aluminum if available in your area. They are / were made in central CA; don’t know how far west you are. They have a nice, sharp bow; we take my Dad’s 18′ out in the ocean on a regular basis. They handle rough water and big waves very well.
        I have a Lund; and feel they some of the best aluminum boats on the planet. Mine is old, and the bottom flattens out near the stern; not ideal for big water. But Lunds are tough and respected, far and wide. I’m told they’re the hull of choice in lots of remote Alaskan villages.
        Best of luck in your search.
        Have fun, and happy motoring!
        Alan

vintin
        Participant

That would probably be a nice one. If I wasn’t so far away I’d be interested. Thanks.

Keep an eye out in your area. The Deep C is a very well built ship and can be had for reasonable cost. If I didn’t have two I wouldn’t have one up for sale.

Tinman
          Participant

US Member

thanks everyone for the advise. im going to keep searching!

outbdnut2
            Participant

US Member

For moving around in a V-bottom boat, standing up; you will find your footing is a lot more stable if you put a flat, false floor in it like a lot of newer boats have. Then you aren’t dodging the ribs as you walk around. If you modify a boat, careful if you plan to eliminate the middle seat – on some old boats the seats are part of the structural integrity.

As for short or long shaft, if you are backtrolling on rough lakes, splash-shields willbeneeded with either size transom to keep you dry.
              Dave

Tinman
              Participant

US Member

I figured on a floor no matter what. Don’t like tripping on ribs! And I don’t do any backtrolling so transom height isn’t an issue. Just need a 15″ for my short shaft motors. I’m in mid to southern Missouri and you don’t see a lot of v bottoms here.

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.