Home Forum Ask A Member website

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    mercuryman
    Participant

What was wrong with the old site ?

wbeaton
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

It was old and needed to be upgraded. The old website was also hard to navigate and looked really dated, which is not a selling feature to prospective members. The Blue Board forums were only one part of the site and were much newer than the rest. The new site was long over due. Just give it time. It will get better. Upgrading the site is a huge job. No one would choose do it if they didn’t have to.

Wayne
        Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

lindy46
        Participant

US Member

Just testing to see if I’m logged in on the new site.

h20lew
          Participant

US Member

Just my 2 cents, but the positive aspect about the old format in the ask a member section was you could quickly search and find what you were looking for. With the new format it seems like there is an over abundance of white space, the font is harder to read, it takes more time to scroll though the topics, etc.

mercuryman
            Participant

h20lew I agree with your comment.

treeguy
              Participant

US Member

I agree with the statement that the font is very difficult to read and there is an overabundance of white space. However, thank you very much to all of the volunteers who took time out of their personal lives to try and better the club by creating this updated website.

bill-mcnamara
                Participant

Canada Member

Just my 2 cents, but the positive aspect about the old format in the ask a member section was you could quickly search and find what you were looking for. With the new format it seems like there is an over abundance of white space, the font is harder to read, it takes more time to scroll though the topics, etc.

Just trying to make a “Reply” here, but totally agree with with the difficulty reading thin font on white background.

bill-mcnamara
                  Participant

Canada Member

Just trying to make a “Reply” here, but totally agree with with the difficulty reading thin font on white background.

Just took a look at the “Classifieds” and they are MUCH more readable, than these AAM posts, Great,

crosbyman
                    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

imho… classified are more readable … only because they are BIGGER yet looking for stuff is HARDER because the listing is to BIG and to spaced out forcing the reader to flip and flip pages

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

2fast4me
                      Participant

What was wrong with the old site ?

Which old site? We had an old site before the old site that was dying.
                        Lost a lot of good posts that are not recoverable.
                        Thanks guys for staying ahead of the power curve and getting this new site going.
                        Jim

2Fast4Me

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 21 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.