Home Forum Ask A Member website

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    stanley
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

As far as “Ask The Member” is concerned my only gripe is that the dark blue UNREAD notice obscures the title of the post.On the plus side,the website format is very convenient on a mobile phone. One more question,are the green board still operable?If so how do you get there from here?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by stanley.
      fifty20ne
      Participant

US Member

This web site uses a grey colored background.

It is much easier to view! IMHO Some additional

Colors and Bold dark borders would help.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/index.php

jeff-register
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

This web site uses a grey colored background.
          It is much easier to view! IMHO Some additional
          Colors and Bold dark borders would help.
          https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/index.php

jeff-register
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

i’m old too do I need updating 2? Lost in the 50’s
            Jeff

nj-boatbuilder57
            Participant

That site uses vBulletin. It’s a standard BB package; the formatting is 99% done (it’s a template)….you just assign the fields, define the categories, etc…..then just import the data.

My hope is that such a “package” (vBulletin, XenForo, Proboards, etc.) will be used here. IMO, this forum format is beyond tweaking

nj-boatbuilder57
              Participant

…and just a thought:

Whether we stay with this codeset or move to a “package”, could the coders please consider employing some target=”_blank…” HTML syntax?

It’s seriously inconvenient (and fairly old-school coding) to click a link or pic within this BB and have the current tab re-directed to that destination, exiting the BB altogether. Coding all links with a target=”_blank…” command opens the link in a new tab. It’s the way to go, IMO

bobw
                Participant

US Member

The site seems to be getting better as time goes by. I see that many of the suggestions put forward by users since the new launch have been incorporated and are now functional. Biggest complaint seems to be the small font size used on the Topics page, against the huge backdrop of white. A larger font, bolder topic headings and better color contrast with the background would be most helpful. Also still some difficulty in loading personal avatar.

Like any new launch, there will be troubles and some of the issues are not in learning the new site but in “unlearning” the old one. I remain confident this site will ultimately be as user friendly as the old one,

Bob

1937 Champion D2C Deluxe Lite Twin
                  1954 Johnson CD-11
                  1957 Evinrude Fastwin 18
                  1958 Johnson QD-19
                  1958 Johnson FD-12
                  1959 Johnson QD-20

“Every 20 minute job is only a broken bolt away from a 3-day project.”
                  "Every time you remove a broken or seized bolt an angel gets his wings."

1russellislander
                  Participant

Me thinks we are lucky to have volunteers working on this website. I am grateful to all of these outstanding members. Things are getting better daily. Maybe you could help them refine the site…..
                    NJboatbuilder57 BTW I thought you were showing yourself out? What happened? The door is a click away.

bill-mcnamara
                    Participant

Canada Member

Have to echo the Font concerns, VERY difficult to read.

kirkp
                      Participant

Like some I was a little uncomfortable with the new site but knowing what a undertaking it is I thought I’d take the wait and see approach. I’ve seen daily improvements and I’m sure it will only get better as the bugs get worked out. So kudos to those that are dealing with this.

A question and a comment:
                        -how do I get to my user control panel? Thought it might be up where it says Howdy but that wasn’t it. Thanks in advance for the help on this one.
                        -This is just a comment that I haven’t seen mentioned. At the top of the page, there are three drop down menus (about, resources and more). When I hover over “more” the menu drops down automatically. For “resources” and “more”, you have to click on the down arrow, clicking on the word doesn’t drop down the menu. Automatic drop down would be nice.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Kirk

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.