Home Forum Ask A Member what is it with 303345 prop/shaft seals $$$$$$

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Steve D
    Participant

I know what Chris is saying and I’ve stopped using those for that reason. But I’ve come across 2 or 3 SKF that are stainless, like this one. For what it’s worth, whenever I ordered OEM 303345 from a dealer, ebay, etc., they come stamped with the CR # 543870 and they are stainless. Whenever I ordered SKF 5605 they come stamped with the same CR number and are stainless. Your mileage may vary. Let us know what happens.
      OMC-303345-CR-543870-SKF-5605

crosbyman
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

dealer said they were steel with SS springs… order due in in 4 days only from Toronto

hard to say how long they will last but I will cover all external water exposed surface areas with GOOP or good old contact cement to seal out the water

I am 69 for another 2 weeks and have 5 turtles… enough to last me a while ………with my johnson 6hp 2x merc s (3.9 and 4.0) and a few JW’s 🙂

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

crosbyman
        Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

picked up my skf seals today… they are covered with a blueish rubber like coating so I think they will be fine

Only .250 in height raher than the .375 norm the seals will be pushed all the way in the mating surface and will allow the rubber sealing to be exercized on a unused part of the shaft
          which hopefully will be just as good and not be subject to ” shaft wear” from the previous seal wear and tear on the shaft .

🙂

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.