Home Forum Ask A Member When will this stop?!

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Mumbles
    Participant

It might be time to start thinking about building an addition or even a new building to keep the new orphans in. Once you start feeding them, they won’t go away.

johnyrude200
      Participant

On the old forums, there were a few, side-splitting threads on this, and stories you tell your significant other to justify picking up a motor, or two, or dozen…

I usually cover my stories with ‘honey, you want to go to dinner in xyz town tonight and try out this restaurant?’ HER: "Yes, that sounds great!" ME: "we have reservations for 6:30pm." and along the way I usually break the news that there were other motives involved in this decision making process too.

Usually works good if you bring the misses out to dinner (eh-em, some may call a ‘bribe’)….

Or the ‘ol line…"I’m saving it from the scrap yard!"

fisherman6
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I don’t think it stops! I have accumulated around 30 in the past year since I really started collecting.

Dang Mumbles! That’s awesome! 3 tiers. How do you get the ones up to the top two? 😎

OldJohnnyRude on YouTube

Buccaneer
          Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Mumbles, looks like plenty of room to put some racks in
            the middle of the garage 🙂

Prepare to be boarded!

garry-in-michigan
            Participant

Lifetime Member

You can ALWAYS find a little extra room in the garage some how . . . . 😀

rudderless
              Participant

Where you live there is an ordnance against owning more than 5. I’ll pm you with my address and I can "babysit" the overflow at my residence.

Just doin ya a favor..

Mumbles
                Participant
                  quote Fisherman6:

Dang Mumbles! That’s awesome! 3 tiers. How do you get the ones up to the top two? 😎

That’s not my storage building, just something I found on the interweb somewhere.

Besides, the storage building of my dreams would be SIX tiers high, with a forklift to boot! 😀 Plus two more levels underground.

reivertom
                  Participant

As addictions go, this is a pretty harmless one…..until your wife finds out how much you spend on parts…..

crosbyman
                    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

my wife spends more money feeding stray cats than I spend on motors/year ….after year…. after year

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

alanp
                      Participant

I started collecting in December by March I had 22 outboards. I sold 8 and I still have 21. Figure that one out. I even have a Airboy that I find very interesting and is a good conversation piece.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.