Home Forum Ask A Member Wisconsin M RBM poppet valve carb

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    joecb
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Bucc, I have to complement you on both your skills and level of perseverance. On occasion, I too have invested way too many hours in some nit of a problem to ever have made it a “paying proposition”. It’s a darn good think that we do this stuff for fun.
      NOW, we still have not answered the question , is the mixer threaded in or pressed. I have to believe that its threaded.

ALSO, for future reference, when confronted with a similar problem on a mixer that, fortunately had a mounting flange, I set up the mixer in the lathe. Mounted on the face plate on a small 90* angle plate. So set -up, indicate the poppet seat and the cap face to ensure all is square and concentric. Then with a SMALL boring tool, clean up the poppet shaft bore to take a bushing, Also clean up the poppet seat if necessary.

Regards,

Joe B

PS, and as always, thanks , T2 for the input

Buccaneer
      Participant

US Member

Joe, that sounds like a real challenge indicating your poppet valve on the lathe.
        Had I got the carb off the cylinder, I might have tried to ream out the valve guide
        in the milling machine, but there’s nothing “square’ on that carb, and don’t
        have any idea “how’ I would have mounted it.
        All said and done, I think the guide I made worked okay.

I was gone most of the day, but managed to drill the hole in the poppet valve stem
        in the milling machine, but every thing else was done on the lathe.

Not sure if it was an original feature on the Wisconsin, or other brand poppet valves,
        but besides the spring inside the poppet valve body, there was a small exterior spring
        on the bottom of the stem that extends from the bottom…. hence the small cotter key
        hole to hold the spring in place.
        I’ll have to look at some “file” photos of Wisconsin’s and see if they have a bottom spring.

I installed the main, internal spring, and the poppet valve dances nice when the engine is
        spun over.

If I get a chance tomorrow, as long as the tank is off the engine, I’m going to be sure
        it’s free of any “crud” inside, then try to make a brass screen that goes inside of the
        tank, vertically from the bottom 1/8″ pipe plug drain.

Prepare to be boarded!

stanley
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thank you for taking the time to share all the steps you’ve taken to bring this engine back to life.I look forward to each mornings cup of coffee and your latest adventure.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by stanley.
          Buccaneer
          Participant

US Member

Thank you for taking the time to share all the steps you’ve taken to bring this engine back to life.I look forward to each mornings cup of coffee and your latest adventure.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by stanley.

I’m glad someone enjoys my Follies, Misfortunes, and occasional Triumph”.
            I enjoy everyone’s else’s similar threads on their projects…….
            much more interesting that “What’s it worth” questions!

Prepare to be boarded!

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.