Home Forum Ask A Member 1954 Evinrude Super Fastwin 15

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    2dogsnight
    Participant

I am looking into getting same motor – long shaft…lot’s of great information’s here.

1946zephyr
      Participant

Nice looking motor. Cajuncook1 is right. You should see HIS recently acquired "dobbie" Quite an interesting motor. 😀
        I’ve never seen a motor so infested with mud wasps. LOL

jeff-register
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Welcome to the club & nice design motor. You have come to the correct site for help to general repairs. Everyone has covered most est everything I’m sure by now. Frank Robb is very good at these motors & has had many apart with suggstions that will keep you running. There are very many others that are very good with outboards as well. Always run good oil & mix it correctly. KEEP things very clean as well. I offer any part of the service manual I can send e mail too. Enjoy & welcome abaord!
          Jeff

chick
          Participant

Hi guys. I just bought one of these motors that has lain around for many years in the dirt and moisture. It is "stuck" and I’m planning on soaking the powerhead in diesel fuel or kerosene for awhile to try to free all the bolts, pistons, etc. up before a tear down. I’ll be back with questions as I go.

chris-p
            Participant

Good luck with it.

Start a new thread so that it does not get confused with this one.

Lots of experienced guys on here to help you along. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.

I like to use a mixture of ATF and Acetone to free them up. Hopefully the rings are just lightly stuck to the bores. If the bearings are froze up, you will need to open it up unfortunately, even if you get it moving. If not, only a matter of time before she detonates.

Post some pictures when you get a chance as well.

Doug Wilson
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

great looking motor, from what I have seen the leak is likely the O-ring on the shift shaft, my 58 10hp does not like the new plastic washers for the fill plugs but the old fiber washers it will seal and hold, no idea why.

Doug

how is it motors multiply when the garage lights get
                turned off?

ryanjames170
                Participant

Nice motor!

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.