Home Forum Ask A Member 1955 5.5 hp Johnson

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    bobw
    Participant

US Member

I like the 1953 thru 1958 OMC motors the best. Here’s my 1954 5.5hp I picked up earlier this year. Even though it was in good shape when I found it, I currently have it torn down undergoing a full restoration. Mechanical work is all done and should start new paint and decals soon.

Attachments:

Bob

1937 Champion D2C Deluxe Lite Twin
      1954 Johnson CD-11
      1957 Evinrude Fastwin 18
      1958 Johnson QD-19
      1958 Johnson FD-12
      1959 Johnson QD-20

β€œEvery 20 minute job is only a broken bolt away from a 3-day project.”
      "Every time you remove a broken or seized bolt an angel gets his wings."

adam1961
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

Have you seen it run? We get power equipment in at our shop that the customer wants the starter fixed, but says that it runs great…exept the last time that they tried to start it and the rope broke on the 20th pull…..
        $100 is a good price for a motor that has no obvious issues and the starter rope just gave up after many years.

crosbyman
        Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years
          quote cookjer24:

now my motor a little newer..but they the same power unite…i paid $150 three years ago and thats when i fell in love my 59 5.5 fisherman golden jubilee…these motors run so smooth quit…and can go almost all year on 3 gallons lol…they should start making them again for a special limited run.

hey … just pick up an identical motor today says golden jubilee with a nice crest in the back

cowl was painted πŸ™ but innards (power head) look great

compression on the rope seems ok came with a small 3 gal dual hose tank (not leaking for now )

Price $60 CDN πŸ˜† my next winter project after I finish my 60$ 1972 9.5hp turtle

Joining AOMCI has priviledges πŸ™‚

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.