Home Forum Ask A Member 1957 Evinrude Fasttwin 18 HP (New Find)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    cesarp35
    Participant

Well guys i have come to the conclusion that i am sick, i have a disease it’s called Vintage Outboards, after i said i was through in buying motors for a while this motor came up on offer up, the person had it listed originally for $300, the next day he dropped the price to $225, after a few days of seeing it was still there i decided to take a chance on a low offer of $60 with the full understanding that he would say no, to my surprise he countered me at $150 i then explained to him that since it had been sitting for a long time that it was going to need quite a bit of parts to get it going, he then replied $100? i told him that i was willing to take a chance on it for $60, He then said that he would let me know, so i figured that was the end of it. 3 days later he messaged me and said if i would do $65 at least he would get the satisfaction that he made me budge on $5 dollars LOL. i said YES i would take it, and so the next day i pick it up. Oh and by the way he threw in the Original 1957 Evinrude pressure tank that was laying on the side of his house, here’s some pics
      https://offerup.com/item/detail/4763529 … fersBuying

Attachments:

david-bartlett
      Participant

Cesar,

Well done! That is one of the finest outboards going. I love the late 50’s 18hp motors.

cesarp35
        Participant
          quote david bartlett:

Cesar,

Well done! That is one of the finest outboards going. I love the late 50’s 18hp motors.

Yeah Dave, my wife said_" What the hell are you going to do with all these motors?!!" I replied, i don’t know i’m just just going to stare at them. LOL

david-bartlett
          Participant

[/quote]
            Yeah Dave, my wife said_" What the hell are you going to do with all these motors?!!" I replied, i don’t know i’m just just going to stare at them. LOL[/quote]
            I wish I could say my wife has not made similar statements!

billw
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

There has been one of those for sale in my area for a few years now. The guy is asking $500. Maybe I should go offer him five bucks for it and he will settle for ten. Good Lord, I don’t know how you guys pull these deals off. Yes, I am jealous. I love those motors.

Long live American manufacturing!

Steve D
              Participant

Get used to it cesar…every time you think you’re out, they pull you back in!
                That’s a great find find, with the tank besides! I don’t think a lot of guys are looking for motors on Offer Up yet so sellers don’t get a lot of response. That might have worked in your favor. I’m trying to cut back on buying right now too but I thought I’d check in my area and here’s one that’s been on there 6 months. Of course the asking price might have something to do with that too.

Attachments:

crosbyman
                Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

I know you regret buying it would 75$ CDN ease your pain 😆

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

Mumbles
                  Participant

They are out there. A good cleaning and a bit of maintenance got this $25 flea market find running like a champ!

Attachments:

opposedtwin
                    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

You stole that one! I got an FD-11 (1957) once for $33, but it wasn’t anywhere near as nice looking as that one! And a tank to boot?! Well done!

Now don’t just stare at them, get ’em running. You’re gonna love that one!

Scott

fleetwin
                      Participant

US Member - 2 Years
                        quote BillW:

There has been one of those for sale in my area for a few years now. The guy is asking $500. Maybe I should go offer him five bucks for it and he will settle for ten. Good Lord, I don’t know how you guys pull these deals off. Yes, I am jealous. I love those motors.

I’m with you Bill, I need to improve my negotiating skills for sure

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 23 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.