Home Forum Ask A Member 1957 Evinrude Fasttwin 18 HP (New Find)

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    llyn
    Participant

my latest find, not an 18hp but…
      $250

Attachments:

cesarp35
      Participant
        quote BillW:

There has been one of those for sale in my area for a few years now. The guy is asking $500. Maybe I should go offer him five bucks for it and he will settle for ten. Good Lord, I don’t know how you guys pull these deals off. Yes, I am jealous. I love those motors.

LOL, nice one BillW

cesarp35
        Participant
          quote crosbyman:

I know you regret buying it would 75$ CDN ease your pain 😆

LOL!!!!

cesarp35
          Participant
            quote Mumbles:

They are out there. A good cleaning and a bit of maintenance got this $25 flea market find running like a champ!

Now that’s a find Mumbles!

cesarp35
            Participant
              quote Llyn:

my latest find, not an 18hp but…
              $250

That’s super clean!! Nice one Llyn!!

dave-bernard
              Participant

US Member

how’s this for FREE. just needed coils.

Attachments:

cesarp35
                Participant
                  quote Dave Bernard:

how’s this for FREE. just needed coils.

What the heck, can’t go wrong with a freebie specially in that condition, Nice one Dave!!

outbdnut2
                  Participant

US Member

I’ve liked those 18s since I was a teenager. I had been looking for a reasonably priced 18 for a long time, and a couple weeks ago finally found a 1958 Johnson. Had to pay $125, but it came with a rust – free tank that was holding pressure when I took the cap off, so it’s probably good. The guy said he bought the motor 10 years ago from a guy who restores old motors, and he fished with it for a couple of years. It came with the usual "Ran good last time out 8 years ago!" story…………… – will see………. – compression "feels" good…..now need time to work on it.
                    Dave

cesarp35
                    Participant
                      quote outbdnut2:

I’ve liked those 18s since I was a teenager. I had been looking for a reasonably priced 18 for a long time, and a couple weeks ago finally found a 1958 Johnson. Had to pay $125, but it came with a rust – free tank that was holding pressure when I took the cap off, so it’s probably good. The guy said he bought the motor 10 years ago from a guy who restores old motors, and he fished with it for a couple of years. It came with the usual “Ran good last time out 8 years ago!” story…………… – will see………. – compression “feels” good…..now need time to work on it.
                      Dave

Nice, get her running!!

1946zephyr
                      Participant

Hahaha. The best old outboard yet. This exact outboard model, was one of my first. It looks like you got a sweet deal. You might think you’re sick, but it looks like it would have been sicker to pass this one up. LOL.
                        ENJOY!

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 23 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.