Home Forum Ask A Member 1957 Evinrude Fleetwin 7.5 HP (Update)Impeller Question)

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    cesarp35
    Participant
      quote 1957evinrude:

I have watched his videos several times. I’m not much of a mechanic but trust me its not a bad job at all to take apart the l/u and pull the powerhead. Just be sure and replace the o ring and seal under the power head and the base gasket

Got it, Thanks!!

crosbyman
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

see pics

Attachments:

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

cesarp35
        Participant
          quote crosbyman:

see pics

Very helpful, thanks Bud!!!!!

cesarp35
          Participant

(Update) Well i finally got around to changing the impeller and after taking of lower unit to my surprise it had a smaller impeller compared to the one that i ordered base on my model#, after doing some research someone along the line seems to have upgraded the water pump to what looks like a water pump from a 1979 6 hp witch takes the smaller impeller and has a cup in the water pump housing. So after ordering the correct impeller and installed i notice there really wasn’t much improvement of the water amount coming out the spout, can the upgraded water pump be the problem as it is not the original to this motor? water does come out but only like whats on the video i posted.

crosbyman
            Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

if you send water directly up the water pipe going into the powerhead does it look like the flow is restricted

or… try pushing som air pressure up the water pipe can you sense that the air is not free flowing and pressure is building up

if you take the powerr head off can you try sending air pressure backwards in case some passages got plug up with impeller rubber chips

etc….

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

cesarp35
              Participant

Yeah i blew air with a pressure nozzle through the water pipe from top of power head and from below, the impeller that i took of was intact just had a few cracks in a couple veins so i’m pretty sure there’s nothing obstructing the water flow

Mumbles
                Participant

It sounds like your motor has been upgraded with the 763758 water pump kit which will pump water just as good as the original did. Just make sure the gasket goes between the housing and the wear plate, not underneath the plate as I’ve seen done countless times.

Attachments:

cesarp35
                  Participant

Yeah Mumbles that’s the one it was upgraded to, i did make sure i installed the gasket correctly. I should have paid more attention to the water pipe when i blew air through it to see if there was any restriction

frankr
                    Participant

US Member

Are you worried about the water coming out as shown in your original post? I don’t know what you are expecting, but that thing is doing just fine.

fleetwin
                      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Yes, Frank is right, output on video looks fine…

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.