Home Forum Ask A Member 1960 5.5hp Johnson Base Gasket Part#? CD-17

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    joesnuffy
    Participant

Thanks everyone for the information. Thanks Frank, I will inspect those parts on the lower crank seal and make some pics to get your guys help.

Joe

ps been working with pictures and a guide on my version of the Red Atom that cost around 75 cents a piece using part of an old set of omc points. I have built 2 today that are working well and I am going to use the 5.5hp to test them. The 5.5hp currently has nova2s which I have ran in the past with them. I added the diode I am using in my 75 cent red atoms to the nova 2s today and they are firing with the diodes the diodes prevent AC current from destroying the nova 2s. I will test the nova 2s with the diodes before removing the nova 2s. I have also been using those same diodes in my 3hp 1952 home made modules and they have kept my home made modules in it alive and are easy to add to the nova 2s.

A sneak pic

Attachments:

joesnuffy
      Participant

I looked hard at my old part 303065 and it is not plastic or carbon it is baked cork that looks like black plastic now. I will get some pics today of those parts. Everything looked good except for it and the oring. I ordered a new 303065 today with my order and I think I have an o-ring that will match up i my set.

Joe

bsplit
        Participant

I just replaced the impeller on a 1955 7.5hp Evinrude. Using hole punches and an exacto knife, I was able to cut one out in about 15 minutes.

Jim

joesnuffy
          Participant

I ordered one of the cork seals today or maybe 2 I think they came as 2 each along with some other parts for other motors. I also ordered the power head base gasket NOS off ebay for this 5.5 since marine engine did not have it. I didn’t get a chance to look at the recoil assembly yet but I’m hoping that will be an easy fix.

Joe

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.