Home Forum Ask A Member 1986 115 H.P Merc warning buzzer

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    eltoquad
    Participant

US Member

I bought the new module , 14857A16 , and have removed the plastic coil cover but can not find the module on my 1996 115 hp motor! There doesn’t appear to be room for it behind the coils. Is it behind the oil tank??

DAN UMBARGER
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

If memory serves me right it is on the starboard side just below the lip of the lower side cove(the motor cover sits on this lip) and you may have to remove the side cover to replace it. I think it might be behind the bottom of the cover assembly that holds all the wires/coils etc. Can’t remember for sure…it’s been awhile since I did one. If you have the part you should be able to match it up with no problems.

DAN UMBARGER
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thinking more about it I believe it’s right behind the main engine to remote control large harness plugs. My boat is still shrink wrapped out in the field at the moment so I can’t check it easily.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by DAN UMBARGER.
          eltoquad
          Participant

US Member

I found it. i think it’d a big job to replace module while motor is on boat over water. Will have to give this project a bit more thought.

DAN UMBARGER
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Your right Elto….PITA to try removing the side covers in the water unless you can back it into the shore enough to stand in the water .

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.