Home Forum Ask A Member Aquabug?

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    outbdnut2
    Participant

US Member

In my opinion, 100 to 1 is a marketing gimmick that helps sell motors, but also shortens their life. I agree with rudderless – I use 50 to 1 in all 100 to 1 applications.
      Dave

john8504
      Participant

I like the comment section on the bottom of that link.

50:1 it is.

I’m doing a little painting on my motor I just rebuilt and then onto the aquabug.

john8504
        Participant

No spark in this little "bug", anyone recognize this particular condensor? No names or info on it.

Attachments:

john8504
          Participant

So I got it to run for a few seconds today and then it died. I tried to restart and the recoil mechanism not allowing it to turn. I take it off and motor spins free. I don’t know if the teeth are supposed to look like this or I need to filed them flat.

Attachments:

john8504
            Participant

I completely disassembled the motor and rebuilt it with new gaskets and piston rings. Tried to redo one bearing because it was bad but the one I ordered was the wrong size. I cleaned it up pretty good and lubed it with gear oil and it spun fairly well.

I tried putting gear oil in lower unit, but no luck. It won’t go in. I can also not get the blade off either. Oh well.

Here’s a link to it running.

https://youtu.be/gzpcAorI-gQ

rudderless
              Participant

Take your oil can, piece of rubber hose and a spray can spitser tube. Use the hose to connect the tube to the oil can. Fill oil can and stick tube in hole. Pump can slowly.

Use the tube alone to introduce air into the housing. The oil will run out if there is any.

john8504
                Participant

Ok. Good idea. The back pressure was high and popped my hose out and drenched myself and my ceiling in gear oil.

rudderless
                  Participant

…nice stuff..nice smell. I had bought a new qt of the stuff. Had the wifes new car and the jug fell over during the journey home on the passenger floor. I didn’t know the end of the jug was not sealed. Most spilled on the floor on her new car. I got it cleaned up mostly. I told her the smell was rustproofing…shes still with me..

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.