Home Forum Ask A Member Archimedes penta 252 25hp outboard

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    kees
    Participant

International Member - 2 Years
      quote t2stroke:

Are parts more readily available across the pond?

Dan in TN

I know my source and that is all what matters
      regards, Kees
      😉

davesko
      Participant

Thanks for all the imput guys, picked it up last night and the fellows mother found the prop!!!!! It runs like a top! Pumps good water but think I want to find a new impeller just to be safe, so the search begins. Thanks again, Dave

kees
        Participant

International Member - 2 Years

thumbs up and good luck with it 😉

mergs
          Participant

I have an archimedes i would like to convert to a longshaft or just to have extra parts. Punchbug, is this still available? How much do you think?

rapier
            Participant

Parts are limited in the UK on this one, but are available and come up for sale from time to time. One of our club members used to service them in the 70s and has built a particularly nice race motor with the 18hp Crescent version of the motor, which I understand was much more robust than the 20 and 25. Personally I’d give it a miss; you all have much more worthy motors than this oddity.

Attachments:

eltoquad
              Participant

US Member

I’d be quite sure a prop from another motor could be altered to work on that motor.

1-old-outboard
                Participant

Hey Punchbug, if your wanting to get rid of some parts, I would be open to buying the plastic dog (pawl) for the recoil that engages the flywheel. Mine is sheered off and wont engage the flywheel. You can PM me if you wnat.
                  Thanks,
                  Randy

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.