Home Forum Ask A Member Chris Craft Commander

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Sean Shoemaker
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thansk to Dave’s insight that the Bendix points were / are still used on aircraft engines I was able to locate a set and they are on their way. With any luck I will find the cowls, tiller arm, and lower unit parts and get this thing running.

dave-bernard
      Participant

US Member

You are welcome

bruceter
        Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

If you are still looking for a tiller handle I recast them

Sean Shoemaker
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

yes, i’d be interested. feel free to message me.

bruceter
            Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

My name is Bruce Reinhart and I am in Ontario Canada , I have re cast the Chris Craft Commander handles. They will need the holes drilled and fitted to your motor
              I sell them for $35.00 plus shipping
              If you are interested you can email me at
              bruceter00@gmail.com

Sean Shoemaker
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Now that the weather is just starting to warm up here in Wisconsin I would like to get back to this project.  I was able to acquire the points and handle for this. (Thanks everyone)  I would like to get the coils and impeller figured out.  If there is a member that would be willing to show what is behind the prop to see what I am missing.    I’m guessing an aluminum disc to cover the impeller that is held in place by a retaining spring, the impeller , and a key?

I did find the military surplus coils for this but I never did order them.  Unfortunately I lost my info/source on what the correct numbers are and where to order them.

Any help would be appreciated.

2fast4me
                Participant

Is this what you’re looking for?

2Fast4Me

The Boat House
                  Participant

Sean Shoemaker
                    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks for the pics, guys.  I think I can figure out the coils.

However I have further questions about the impeller cover.  I see a center raised section.  Is this a housing for a seal?  Is the center bore oversized to clear the prop shaft and the impeller is peeking thru the hole?

Sean Shoemaker
                      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Just for further clarification all I have to go on is this low resolution small sized black and white image for the parts I am missing between the prop and waterpump housing.  I would like to find another Commander for parts but the nearest one I’ve found so far is 8 hours away and 900.00.    Due to the rarity  I may have to have them machined .  But  this is hard to do without proper images / dimensions.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 24 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.