Home Forum Ask A Member Correct tank transfer for 1922 Elto Ruddertwin Serial No.2603

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    garry-in-michigan
    Participant

Lifetime Member

Interesting – – –

I wonder when they started putting decals on them . . . . . . 😕

Monte NZ
      Participant

International Member - 2 Years

Thanks for your reply Garry.
        Well, what do you know about that……..no transfer at all!
        Very interesting. I’ve never seen that advert before and like myself, I bet there a lot of others who thought all those motors
        had transfers on them!
        Interesting to note too,that the tank on my motor is in pretty good condition and there is no sign at all of there ever being a transfer on it in the first place!

MonteNZ

garry-in-michigan
        Participant

Lifetime Member

All the Eltos I find with decals seem to be models with the Propello pump (water pickup in the rudder) The earliest were ELTO without a background. The Super Elto Twin came out in 1926. . . 😕

kees
          Participant

I have a ruddertwin with a solid rudder serial nr. 2525 , what makes it an early 1922 model and there is
            also no decal or evidence of a decal on the tank as well.
            Of course, I know it’s no solid proof that there was nothing on the tank when it came out the factory.
            If I would decide for a decal, my choice should be the black design ( have seen these before on oldies )
            the match with the black I.D. plate at the front of the tank would be the right combination.

just my thoughts ( worth 2 cents ! )
            but for sure……Absolutely not the blue decal on this model.

🙄

Monte NZ
            Participant

Thanks Garry and Kees for your replies
              I seems to me that during the productions of the solid rudder Ruddertwins there were possibly periods where no transfer were used and that the ruddertwins with the propello pumps did have transfers that may of had blue backgrounds. My 1925 model C has ELTO without any background showing, although I guess it could have faded over the years. A 1926 model H 37096 that I saw recently and has been in the same family since new, has a blue background and is obviously original with the motor in very tidy condition.

Kees, you mentioned that oldies had black backgrounds. I noticed that one of the photos showed instruction transfers with a black background and that
              the front panel with serial number etc. had a black back ground……chances are, that if there was a Elto transfer on the back it would of had a black background……just my thoughts.

I agree with Kees too, that definitely no blue on solid Rudder Eltos.

MonteNZ

kees
              Participant

quote MonteNZ:

Thanks Garry and Kees for your replies
                I seems to me that during the productions of the solid rudder Ruddertwins there were possibly periods where no transfer were used and that the ruddertwins with the propello pumps did have transfers that may of had blue backgrounds. My 1925 model C has ELTO without any background showing, although I guess it could have faded over the years. A 1926 model H 37096 that I saw recently and has been in the same family since new, has a blue background and is obviously original with the motor in very tidy condition.

Kees, you mentioned that oldies had black backgrounds. I noticed that one of the photos showed instruction transfers with a black background and that
                the front panel with serial number etc. had a black back ground……chances are, that if there was a Elto transfer on the back it would of had a black background……just my thoughts.

I agree with Kees too, that definitely no blue on solid Rudder Eltos.

MonteNZ

not sure its right, but at least we have the same thoughts 😎

btw, Tomahawk was nice again , rain on Thursday was a pity
                funny that you made
                that phone call when I was at the "Dougs" spot

slim60
                Participant

I would like to see pics of the decals from the Ship’s Store. My Elto has the propello pump. 1924 I think.

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.