Home Forum Ask A Member E15….coming

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    crosbyman
    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

read an article that POTUS is opening up mass marketing of e15 ??? to help farmer dump their corn I guess ture ???

is the automotive and marine industry voicing their concerns ?

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

lyks2tinkr
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

E15 is not good for older vehicles besides the fact you’ll get worse gas mileage with it.

dave-bernard
        Participant

US Member

So where is the clean air come in with worse mileage and prolusion in refining the ethonal ??????? another BS story. and what about the rise in food costs.

crosbyman
          Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

I was more concerned about destroying our outboards …. hoses carb floats whatever…

I do not think my ETEC 75 could tolerate e15 nor would my new John Deere e130 lawn tractor

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

outbdnut2
            Participant

US Member

The Minnesota Street Rod Assn. Legislative Committee is going to do what they can to lobby the state legislature to keep ethanol-free premium available in Minnesota for those stations that want to offer it. They successfully lobbied and got it when Gov Palenty put the state 10% ethanol mandate in place a decade or two ago. Hopefully they are successful and the fed laws won’t override. They present the total financial impact of the old car hobby as part of their info.

In the last two or three years, many more stations here have added it to their offerings.
              Dave

Anonymous

It also takes 10 gallons of water to make 1 gallon of ethanol. A great way to make all of our wells run dry. All so use :IE wear out the soil making fuel instead of food. That is what happened out East growing tobacco. Instead of black soil they have light sand soil now.

amuller
                Participant

I don’t think there is much of a credible argument that corn ethanol in motor fuel is environmentally beneficial. It’s a subsidy for the corn growers, essentially. In SW Minnesota ethanol plants themselves have caused major air and water pollution. But it would be hard to find a Corn Belt politician saying these things.

The E15 pumps in my neighborhood say it’s OK for vehicles 2001 and newer. To my way of thinking, modern computerized fuel systems can adapt to fuel type, altitude, temperatures, and so on. But I am not sure how older two-stroke motors with fixed-jet carbs will do. The energy content/unit volume of ethanol is much lower than gasoline…..

outbdnut2
                  Participant

US Member

10 or 20 years ago, Popular Mechanics planted a field of corn and kept track of all the energy associated with making ethanol, including the tractors planting, harvesting, etc. Their conclusion was that unless the distiller runs on solar power, it takes more energy to grow and produce ethanol than you get back running it in an engine.
                    Dave

Randy in Tampa
                    Participant

be better off making white lightning or corn whiskey to fuel hillbillies 😉

Chris
                      Participant

This makes it easy to find ethanol free fuel near you….

https://www.pure-gas.org/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 27 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.