Home Forum Ask A Member Elto Senior Speedster, Electric

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    49morphew
    Participant

US Member

Hey Alan

Have you had a chance to tinker with or try to start your ELTO yet?
      That’s definitely a cool find. I can’t imagine there are too many sitting around with that particular ignition conversion. It’s interesting both the fact that someone still saw the value in saving that motor after its original set up failed and the fact that they were knowledgeable enough to know what particular parts to use to make the conversion.
      Looking forward to hearing how well it starts and runs. I’m guessing it’s basically a Speeditwin now? Good luck!

Austin

rapier
      Participant
        quote outboardnut:

Rapier – I sent you an email and a pm requesting a copy
        Thank You for the offer

On it’s way…

alanp
        Participant

US Member

Austin,

Thanks for asking.

I live in Wisconsin, as they say the water is a little hard right now. I will wait until summer. It sure is heavy to move around.

Alan

49morphew
          Participant

US Member

Alan

I’m in Wisconsin as well. East side of Castle Rock Lake. You are correct when you say these motors have a lot of gravity to them.

jimross
            Participant

There may be a problem with the flywheel swap as the 156 has a smaller crank than the 310-311 with a narrower taper. It would have to be a 1931 Evinrude 601 flywheel. But the same steel center hub casting was used on both engines and bored to different sizes for different engines and the timing is the same so it would be a easy fix to alter the taper. Jim Ross

mike mcbride
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Hi,  do you still have a copy of the Owens Dyneto electric starter motor catalog?   I have one that actually is a small electric outboard by itself.   Thanks,   Mike McBride

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.