Home Forum Ask A Member Evinrude Fisherman water pump question

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    frankr
    Participant

US Member

Have we ever established what motor you have? Procedure varies with year/design. But now I’m assuming you have a 6hp (??)
      1. Yes remove pin from choke knob
      2. Actually, you can just pull the knob off. OR unscrew it to make it easier to reassemble.
      3. Pull the rope out a couple of feet and tie a slip knot in it (inside the cowl). Then remove the knob. No need to unbolt it or mess with the spring.

garry-in-michigan
      Participant

Lifetime Member

I thought it was a mid ’60s six horse – but I don’t know where I got that information . . .

Garry in Tampa

proj-356-b
        Participant

The number on the motor is: 6502M E11676

I have been unsuccessful in looking that number.

I have the power head off, but I am unable to pull out the lower unit.

Up at the power head, there is a small shift bracket that I cannot get off of the shift rode… the bracket had a small bolt that holds it to the shift lever on the outside of the motor. There does not seem room for it to travel out with the shift rod.

I can take a picture, but I do not know how to post a picture on here.

Are there any suggestions on how I can get the small bracket off that is hindering removal of the lower unit ?

Thank-you,
          Tom

proj-356-b
          Participant

Hoping this picture might come thru OK.

After much effort, I was able to get the bracket off.. I have serious doubts if I will get it back on successfully.

I was able to remove the lower unit.

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.