Home Forum Ask A Member Five & half horse Johnson

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    crosbyman
    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

so… $200 total is a lot cheaper than a new one used 30-50 hours per summer
      all the ones I paid $50 worked out real well with the usual parts my last one at $50 a 9.5 sportwin with good compression needs 1 coils a clean-up on points and some body work on the cowl and a carb clean up.

fixing them up in the winter is the fun part. no I have to sell some…Calling Adam61 !!!

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

bill-m
      Participant

Thanks for the info. This motor is likely a 1957 model. I found a price of $225 on the prop. That’s way more than it seems to be worth. It has no gas tank that I can see. I will pull the rope next see if it turns over. I am thinking I will offer $50 for it but I think this person will scoff at that but hay, it’s worth a try! Thanks again for the info and pictures.

crosbyman
        Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

offer 50$ & explain… the prop issue and parts and…… the risks of ending up with an anchor
          I did on my 1966 9.5 sportwin

(sorry guys here is my favorite picture again)

You get a used prop on free adds on here ..somebody has one for sure

hey! you can get an aonother motor for $50-75 …with a prop on it and…spare parts galore.

Attachments:

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

hmai
          Participant

Last 5.5 i paid $65 in Wisconsin. Looked like nee under hood, nothing missing or broken

1946zephyr
            Participant

Yea, location will be a HUGE factor. Parts motors are pretty cheap here too.

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.