Home Forum Ask A Member Gas disposal question

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    sydinnj
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Some gas stations or repair shops will take it. As for putting it in new vehicles, I was told that the residue can coat and raise problems with the catalytic converter. I do not see the difference from an engine burning a little lube oil, but I figured not to chance it.

pappy
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

When doing that with a fuel/oil mix you are wreaking havoc with the cat con if your vehicle is so equipped. Won’t notice it for a while……just beware.

The Boat House
        Participant

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by The Boat House.
          • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by The Boat House.
          sailor58
          Participant
            quote Mr. Spock:

I run it through fine mesh strainer and mix it a little at a time to my lawn mower gas or to my old trucks gas tank.Done it for years no problem.

^^^^^THIS.

Pour it through some sort of strainer and mix it with the fuel of anything with a carburetor. EFI engines can get a little more finicky about that sort of thing but it never stopped me! One time, I straight up poured 2 gallons of old premix into an almost full tank in my pick up truck. The ratio was about 20 gallons of E-10 and 2 gallons of old, nasty premix. My truck (1999 Silverado) never knew the difference and that was 20k miles ago. Rob

My 1990 GMC firewood gettin’ truck runs great on old premix. 4.3 TBI motor. Any premix I have left at the end of boating season goes in the truck. My Cub Cadet , 18hp Kohler Commander, doesn’t mind a little premix either. YMMV.
            Larry

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.