Home Forum Ask A Member How are you adding photos to your posts?

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    seakaye12
    Participant

US Member
      quote JoeCB:

Has anyone had this problem…I have posted an image from my photobucket and when I go to view it here it apparently has allowed access to not only the image but also opened access to my entire photobucked album. What’s going on with that ?

Joe B

Well; there might be a problem but then again there might not be.

Assuming you have your Photobucket album set to "Private" it shouldn’t happen of course.

But; it might be that if you posted here and still had your Photobucket "session" open (Hadn’t logged out) Photobucket would know that it was you on the computer and allow you access….but anyone else browsing here would not be permitted "in".

fleetwin
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

OK, haven’t posted pictures in awhile, but was under the impression we didn’t need a "host site" anymore to post pictures on AAM. I’m guessing my assumption was incorrect, had to use photobucket. Please let me know.
        Is there a better host site than Photobucket? I am tired of the ads and confusion there…
        Don

seakaye12
        Participant

US Member

This is a three year old thread. The current set-up allows adding pictures to a post by simply uploading them using the "Attachments" button below this field. You do have to use the "Full Editor and Preview" window….NOT the quick reply.

I am seeing those options as paying member. Maybe those options are not available to the public; I don’t know.

Mumbles
          Participant

Wow, talk about reviving an old thread. I like it!

Don, first click on the ‘Full Editor & Preview’ box below your draft.

Then click on the ‘Attachments’ box which will open up the ‘Add Files’ box.

Clicking this will allow you to select and post photos, one at a time, which are stored on your computer only.

While in the Full Editor & Preview mode, you can also customize the size and color of the text before clicking the ‘Preview’ button to make sure there are no spelling mistakes and the photos you want are included. It’s actually a pretty simple procedure once you’ve done it once or twice.

OK, now that everyone knows how easy it is to post photos from your computer, lets see more of them! Photos of your motors, projects, abandoned projects, almost running projects, how to do its and links to videos of your motors running. More is always good! 😀

Attachments:

frankr
            Participant

US Member

Note that is says you can also add photos from your computer by simply dragging them into the message box (you need to have two windows open). Once you do that, check the place inline box to make them show up with your test. Once I discovered, this method, it is what I use. EASY!!

fleetwin
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

OK, let me try it now…Cool it worked! Thanks for the edumucation! Very valuable tool indeed….

Attachments:

Steve A W
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Current project, Not an outboard but it’s old.

Member of the MOB chapter.
                  I live in Northwest Indiana

nj-boatbuilder57
                  Participant

Is there any objection by the moderators if we simply embed html syntax?

Speaking only for myself, I don’t mind showing my pics, but I’d prefer to maintain hosting control of my photos…..

seakaye12
                    Participant

US Member
                      quote NJ-boatbuilder57:

Is there any objection by the moderators if we simply embed html syntax?

Speaking only for myself, I don’t mind showing my pics, but I’d prefer to maintain hosting control of my photos…..

Actually I bet they would actually PREFER that you just link to your hosted-elsewhere pictures; it would save bandwidth. It’s simple enough to do if you know how…..and although I hadn’t really thought about that aspect of it….you WOULD have control of the images….and you could take them down any time you wanted to.

I think that putting them up as attachments here is easier though…..and even then it has always ben challenging for a lot of members.

I especially like the way that this forum software re-sizes the pics for easy viewing here….but still allows the viewer to click on them to get a bigger and more detailed view. I try to post images of at least 2000 pixels wide for that purpose…..not huge but big enough to render detail when needed.

Chuck

The Boat House
                      Participant

If you want to send a picture of any size in a PM
                        you have to use a picture hosting sight. You can
                        put the link in the [Img] option and your picture
                        will appear in your post.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.