Home Forum Ask A Member Kiekhaefer Wizard 12 Water Pump and Questions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    raglover
    Participant

US Member

Good Afternoon,

Going through a clean Wizard Powermatic 12 WN7 serial 846634.  It has been a long time since I have gone through a MK series merc and I have misplaced my service manual.

I know the wizard is a detuned cousin to the 20 or 25 and it closely matches an MK20 I have on the bench for later.

1.  Is this outboard the same as a MK20 or MK 25?
        1. I need to purchase 2 new powerhead to belly pan and belly pan to mid section gaskets
        2. Thinking the 20 and 25 powerheads were different sizes; not sure which one to get
      2. Which direction is the water pump cover threaded?
        1. I have the MK 25 tool, it fits, motor is fresh water, but want to go the right direction
        2. Seem to recall they may be reverse threaded?? (Right to loosen?)  no arrows on this cover to show
      3. Had to take the power head out to get to the fuel pump, no access holes in belly pan to get to screws
        1. Thinking i might go back with hex bolts for future service?
      4. While power head is out is it best to go ahead and do the top and bottom bottom crank seals?
        1. I think the bottom one is serviceable by removing the bottom bearing carrier (4 bolts)?

As stated, a bit foggy on the mercs, more of an OMC guy, but excited to get this one back in the water.

Thanks

dave-bernard
      Participant

US Member

call me

1 914 310 7086

Dave.

Buccaneer
        Participant

US Member

I went through one early this past winter.
          I have threads here that might answer some of your questions…….

https://www.aomci.org/forums/topic/1956-wizard-powermatic-12-hp-model-wn7a/

https://www.aomci.org/forums/topic/1956-wizard-powermatic-12-shifter-issues/

Prepare to be boarded!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.