Home Forum Ask A Member Locked up RD11

Viewing 2 posts - 11 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    brian
    Participant

As this is my hobby instead of Golf, sporting events, and such, I pay far less for my outboards than some pay for those activities. Therefore, I sometimes spend extra to get what I want. It’s still far less than many people spend on ball games. I got a locked up RD recently that will provide many hours of entertainment and I can chose how far I take it and when I will part it out or whatever. I will probably have parts to help get another one running 😉

fleetwin
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

How much does the seller want for the engine? How much do you want one of these RD models? What is the overall physical/cosmetic condition of the engine? Will the seller allow you to pull the plugs and sneak a peek inside the cylinders with a light? Will the seller allow you to crack open the lower g/c lube screw to inspect the lube?
        So many variables, hard to advise about this purchase. This is a gamble, so you need to feel comfortable buying it, only to find major problems that will keep the engine from running without a major investment of time and money.

Viewing 2 posts - 11 through 12 (of 12 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.