Home Forum Ask A Member OMC parts search – does this part exist?

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    frankr
    Participant

US Member

Nope, that is the starter bracket. Generator goes on the other side.

wbeaton
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

Very rare part. It took years of searching for me to find a pair of them. I always have my eyes open for them.

Wayne
        Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

nj-boatbuilder57
        Participant
          quote wbeaton:

Very rare part.

Yes, I’m beginning to figure that out….

quote wbeaton:

It took years of searching for me to find a pair of them. I always have my eyes open for them.

Well if you happen to find a "spare", feel free to let me know! 🙂

dan-in-tn
          Participant

US Member

Phil B that is the correct side actually , but it is the manual starter bracket (rewind) not the generator bracket. Gets kinda confusing when you call it the starter bracket & don’t explain manual starter vs electric starter? Hope that helps.
            Looks like the easiest thing to do would be to make a pin & install it into the bracket you have? Location may be a little tricky to find, but be creative. Maybe a little modeling clay would help find the exact location? Just my first suggestion.

Dan in TN

ede
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

According to the 1958 Johnson Accessory catalog, the generator bracket part number is 305679 for the RDS 20. You might contact Dan Gano. I will send you a PM with his contact data. The kit p/n was 277900 for the RDS 20′

outbdnut2
              Participant

US Member

Could you take a bracket without the "pointy tip", drill and tap it and then machine a pointy tip to fit? Maybe you could make a pointy tip by cutting the head off a bolt, putting it in a drill press and making the point with a file while it spins – screw it into your tapped hole in the casting and put a nut on the bolt to lock it at the desired dimension? Or drill the hole for a slip fit for the bolt and put nuts on each side of the hole? If the non tipped bracket has a big enough chunk of metal in the right place this should work. Comments??
                Dave

nj-boatbuilder57
                Participant

305679 doesn’t have the ‘pointy thing". That’s the "black bracket" I showed in my photo.

I’m tending to agree: take the bracket I have & fabricate some sort of cowl locating pin. Machine something, or maybe just put in a bolt & grind down the end.

ede
                  Participant

US Member - 2 Years

The other part number in the 1958 Johnson Accessory parts book is the 377006 generator bracket. The application is for the RDE-19C. Don’t have a handle on that one.

vintin
                    Participant

That is the starter side.

He’s looking for the generator side.

dan-in-tn
                      Participant

US Member

Deleted post. Screwed that one up! Sorry.

Dan in TN

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 24 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.