Home Forum Ask A Member Shouldn’t this thing be green?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    bullie
    Participant

A cousin I had never met before dropped his 18 horse Johnson off with me this morning. He said it popping out of gear when under full power in FWD. Anyway, it’s a 1954 model according to the tag. I thought they were green in 54 and 55. It definitely has been painted. Maybe they liked Holiday Bronze(ish) better.

With it popping out of FWD pretty safe to assume the clutch dog?

frankr
      Participant

US Member

Whatever it is, it isn’t a 1954. Probably has undergone a data plate replacement.

bullie
        Participant

Hmmmm. Ok. It may just have the bracket from a 1954. I am out of knowledge when we leave colors. LOL Do you think it is a later model 18?

david-bartlett
          Participant

A few more picks of the front and under the hood would help.

kerry
            Participant

US Member

Welsh plug numbers?

If you have too many, AND not enough, you're a collector.

frankr
              Participant

US Member
                quote Bullie:

Hmmmm. Ok. It may just have the bracket from a 1954. I am out of knowledge when we leave colors. LOL Do you think it is a later model 18?

15 or 18

rco
                Participant

1956 would be an FD-10 15 hp, 57 would be a FD-11 18 horse. There was not a 54 or 55 FD model.

bullie
                  Participant

Attachments:

Steve D
                    Participant

That style exhaust cover and no side mounted sediment bowl…’56 15 HP FD-10. Here’s a manual for it.

bullie
                      Participant

That’s exactly what it is Steve. I don’t know how I got my wires crossed yesterday. Maybe I fat fingered google. The new cousin told me it was a 54 and maybe I fat fingered Google on my phone. I saw something that was a 54 also. But, now that I have it in my garage and get a good look at it, the tag reads FD-10.

Thanks for the manual. It will be handy.

Honestly guys, I have only been into 2 or3 lower units and they have all been on CDs. I imagine I can figure this one out but am I on the right track thinking it is probably the clutch dog?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.