Home Forum Ask A Member Spark plug wires

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    cliff
    Participant

This 3 HP Johnson I have I got cheap because the guy before me couldn’t get it running. All because of broken ignition leads.

cesarp35
      Participant

Well guys this is what i ended up going with, i just couldn’t live with replacing all new OMC ignition parts, coils, condenser, points and spark plugs and leaving 61 year old wires even thought they might have been ok, but psychologically i would have been messed up LOL, i also couldn’t put the aftermarket wire that Oreilly’s has, so i decided to take a nice little drive to Tractor Supply and buy the last set of Countyline wire set that AOMCI members suggested and i’m sure glad i did, they are of very good quality and i will have extra sets sand best of all made in the USA. Thanks again guys!!!

crosbyman
        Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

in my french origins the saying goes…

"a man warned is worth two…."

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

cliff
          Participant

I just did the same at my nearest TS (2 hr drive) and got the last set there!!!!!
            Thanks for the info

Mumbles
            Participant

Shop around a bit and you can buy it by the 100′ roll. I’ve used the CC7N with good results as long as it isn’t rubbing hard on anything.

If you buy it from Ebay, check with the seller first to see how long a length you are getting as some of it I bought was only one foot long, not one hundred.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Standard-Motor … .l4275.c10

kerry
              Participant

US Member

Lawn mower shop a few blocks from me sells copper core plug wire for a dollar a foot.

If you have too many, AND not enough, you're a collector.

outbdnut2
                Participant

US Member

I stop at Tractor Supply every couple months to buy birdseed. Was there last week and found that 6 cyl set – bought one for $15. I drive by the store a time or two every week. Thx for the info about these!
                  Dave

crosbyman
                  Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years
                    quote Kerry:

Lawn mower shop a few blocks from me sells copper core plug wire for a dollar a foot.

$2.50 a foot at my local bike shop 🙁

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

squierka39
                    Participant

US Member

.75 per foot at the last meet I went to, shop your friendly AOMCI members at meets.Just another good reason to join the club.

simoner1
                      Participant

E bay has got spark plug wire with various connectors including vintage looking wires.
                        I’ve purchased wire from these folks and also vintage connectors:
                        https://brillman.com/shop/

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.