Home Forum Ask A Member Stripped mag plate FD-11

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    opposedtwin
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Ever seen this before? The anchor screw on the points is stripped. No real option but to replace the mag plate, right?

Attachments:

ken-w
      Participant

US Member

Use my FI (faux ignition) module.

Ken

wedgie
        Participant

Tap it out to the next size up if you can’t find a replacement. You should be able to find a replacement fairly easily though.

crosbyman
          Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

Small bolt ?? with a locking nylon nut on top maybe

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

Buccaneer
            Participant

US Member

Put a bolt in from the bottom, epoxy it in,
              and use a nut to hold the points. Lot’s of options!

Prepare to be boarded!

opposedtwin
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years
                quote Ken W:

Use my FI (faux ignition) module.

Ken

What is that?

ken-w
                Participant

US Member

Copy of the Red Atom ign. I need more testing. Send me your address in a PM. (Free set).

Ken

opposedtwin
                  Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Indeed, thanks for the recommendations guys. I found a replacement plate from a donor motor. Guess now is a good time to go through it all and make it good throughout the mag.

Strange however, that the replacement plate has one small change. The FD-11 plate on the left has no hole (for the cut out switch?) while the other one does and the numbers cast into the plates are 580210-2 (FD-11) and the other one is 580210-2 D.

Attachments:

chris-p
                    Participant

Yup lots of plates that are pretty close, but not quite the same when the have a suffix letter after them. Gotta be careful on those sometimes!

Ken, I would like to try a couple out. Would rather pay for them though, send me a PM.

fleetwin
                      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Oftentimes, the numbers we find cast into parts is just a "casting number". There are some cases where the casting number is the same as the part number, such is the case for the FD11…But, when you look up the part number for the 1958 model with the stop switch, you find a completely different part number than 580210, even though your later model mag plate has this number stamped into it.
                        In both cases, the same basic "casting" is used, but there is an extra hole added for the 1958 models with the stop switch, which is why it has a different part number….
                        Oftentimes, the casting numbers we find on parts do not correlate with the part numbers in the parts book….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.