Home Forum Ask A Member Texas/Houston

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    amuller
    Participant

Some of us have spent a lot of time and energy trying to understand the science and politics behind what’s happening. Knowing that what just happened in TX is going to be happening more and more, I am sort of speechless…..

amuller
      Participant

This should really be in the Chat board, probably, but: I lived most of my life in Delaware, It’s the lowest-lying state, mean elevation about 60 ft. (Florida and Louisiana are around 100). Much of the state will be under water sooner than people want to face up to, but the developer/real estate people want to keep on selling lots that will be under water. It won’t be their problem, so they feel….

james-davis
        Participant

Thanks Tom for letting us know. Glad to hear everyone is okay. really proud of the people that came out to help. God bless Texas

Indian Group Leader
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Likewise, our prayers and hopes will be turning to our friends in Florida. There is an ugly lady named "Irma" who has not veered to the north as suggested by forecasters. Good luck guys. Please keep in touch.

Tom

james-davis
            Participant

Looks like it’s our turn, heading right for us. wish us luck

Indian Group Leader
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Our prayers and wishes are with you guys, James. It appears that it is time for Houston to pay it forward. I heard on the news that CenterPoint Energy (formerly Houston Lighting and Power) is already dispatching repair crews to help restore power in Florida. Hopefully Florida will not become another swamp like southeast Texas. Good luck guys!

Tom

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.