Home Forum Ask A Member Type of wire

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    johnny-infl
    Participant

LOL I have one of those gadgets from 1970 !!!!

The Boat House
      Participant

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by The Boat House.
        • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by The Boat House.
        Goman
        Participant

I ended up cutting off the twisted ends off the wire and another wire from a different L/U and splicing them together plus add the loc-tite. From what I read for a different model Lockwood you fill the gear case full from the screws that holds the bottom plate of the gear casing. I know different manufacturers are specific on how much grease to add and not over fill them. Hope to get it on the lake by next weekend Woo Hoo! As always thanks for your alls help, ideals and offers.
          Glen

george-emmanuel
          Participant

US Member

Glenn,

I just finished the mechanics on my ’29 Chief and ran it last weekend….nice motor! It will start much more easily with the exhaust cutout open.

Go to youtube and type in 1929 Lockwood on the Suwannee.

George

george-emmanuel
            Participant

US Member

I installed a zerc fitting on the side of the gearcase.

George

The Boat House
              Participant

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by The Boat House.
                • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by The Boat House.
                bigrichsoldoutboard
                Participant

US Member

Send me your address I can send you a pc from my roll of SS aircraft wire will 12" do it. Big Rich

bigrichsoldoutboard
                  Participant

US Member

Send your address to my email address myoldoutboard@aol.com put ac wire in for the subject…..Big Rich

mvtoolman44
                    Participant

Motorcycle racers safety wire a lot of stuff on their bikes. Might check with high performance motorcycle shops in your area.

PugetSoundBoater
                      Participant

I got one of these pliers coming from a e bay ad. Now seeing the post,I just want to have one. Don’t need one right now, but I still want one. You guy’s know this feeling ,right? Used to use them on the Rolls Royce Merlins in the Unlimited Hydroplanes,back in the day. Jim

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
                        Robbie Robertson

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.